Thursday, November 15, 2012

Think Positive

As my day nears it's early conclusion, I want to wrap things up with some positive thoughts. Today was one of those days where I really had to push through. I have always been a positive person, but sometimes I get down about myself. I guess we all do, but today was one of those days for me.

It is hard to explain why I was so down. I think partially it is the colder weather. Additionally, my body is adjusting to the shorter days. I also have some considerable life stresses that I won't get into right now. Finally, my body just isn't where I want it to be. I am fight an uphill battle against genetics, and sometimes I feel like I am losing. I exercise far more than a normal person, going at least an hour a day, 5-6 times a week. I don't est garbage all the time, but I could be better. Still, I feel like I should look better. So I second guess my training choices, life choices, and mental berate my genetic make-up.

At the end of the day, I look at all the blessings in my life and realize that everything will be okay. I will reach my goals eventually, and I just need to focus on working harder. If my genes don't want me to get there, then I just have to go around, under or over them. Besides, looks are secondary to speed, and I know I am only getting better every day.

Here are my positive thoughts from the day:

1. I helped improve the lives of 26 kids today.

2. I made excellent choices for my meals.

3. Despite a million things to do, I managed to get in 5 miles today.

4. I have the ability to do 5 miles like it is nothing.

5. I leave for vacation tomorrow.

6. I have a comfy bed to collapse in.

I figure I am probably just reflecting the thoughts of many people. I feel like through our endorphins, increased metabolisms, above average bodies, and positive life choices, we are just spoiled in a way. We have so many things going for us that anything negative can set us back. If we had a bunch of negatives, we would just get used to that.

What are you thankful for or blessed with today?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment