Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cold in Cleveland

The thought of running outside in the cold never appealed to me. I made attempts to get into running in the past, but the winter always ended it. This year is going to be different. I think I turned the corner during tough mudder; I was so cold at that point, all I have to do on a cold run is think about that, and how it could always be worse.

Today I went for a pretty cold run (about 40 degrees). I wasn't terribly cold, aside from my hands (I now plan on getting some running gloves from Target). I had on compression shorts under my running tights. My legs stayed quite warm. Then I had on a long sleeve wicking shirt, with another short sleeve on top. Finally, I chose a North Face vest for a final layer. This was perfect for the weather, just wish there was some sun.

The run itself was an easy 6.35 miles. I didn't want to push myself too much. My knee bothered me the whole time, but it may just be something that needs to be worked through, and it did feel better as time went on. I am still nervous about it though. May need to eliminate road running until March, which makes me sad. Running has become such a part of my life. Maybe I can just tone it down to one road run a week. Just don't want this to turn into a major injury that could hurt my chances of doing the marathon in May.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment