Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who Doesn't Love A Half Day?

So, I followed up yesterday's day off with a half day today. Yeah, my job sounds easy, but I assure you that I earn every penny and every off day... yikes. So, how did I spend the second half of my day? At the gym of course! I am glad I didn't get up in the morning for a workout because I don't thinking I would have been recovered enough for the second. Additionally, when I did wake up, my calf was really tight, so I wouldn't have wanted to push it.

The gym went great though. My calf was back to 100% by that point, and I was in a great mood the whole time. I hit some cardio and crossfit first. I focused on my chest and back every 10 minutes, with speed intervals every 4. I was really sweating, and I could feel my heart rate staying nice and high. I tell you what, mixing burpees in with cardio is intense. I have been raising the quantity of them every week, so I am constantly get wrecked; I love it.

I did about 40 minutes of cardio/crossfit, then I moved on to some outer core/obliques exercises, then chest and back. I really wish I was seeing as much improvement in my chest as I was in just about every other part of my body. I need to figures out something that really works. I mean, I am improving, but the rest of my body is changing so much more rapidly. On the off chance that someone actually reads this, does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

I feel like I am going to be in a great place for Florida next week. I just wish I could have found a race to do. Oh well!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...if i ever have extra time i'd choose to hit up the gym too! :) great job on the workout. safe travels and have fun in florida...even if they don't have a race for u to run. hey, be a trendsetter, just pin a piece of paper to ur chest with a number, start running and see if u can pick up a following. ;) jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea, but the last time I was wearing random numbers, people thought I had escaped from prison. Luckily I had a white Ford Bronco. Clearly I love the gym a little too much; just look at the time stamp on this post. Haha

    ReplyDelete