Monday, October 8, 2012

A Tale Of 45 Burpees

After a day off, I was back at it hard today. I was itching to get my mind and muscles working again. Off days are really the worst. I find myself becoming more and more addicted to seeing how far I can go and how strong I can be.

I started the workout with 30 minutes of interval training on the elliptical (knees aren't 100% yet). I did 2 sprints every 10 minutes. I also incorporated cross training into the mix. I did 15 burpees every 10 minutes. This occurred right after a sprint, so by the time I was done with the burpees, my heart rate was working. This is definitely something I will do more and more of with different workouts, and additional time. I could feel the positive difference in the end.

After cardio, I hit the weights. I can't say I did much special, but I did incorporate some new stuff. I tried to really hit my core, and do some body weight stuff to compliment the burpees. I feel good about the whole day of chest and back. I just wish I has equal time tomorrow for my arms. I hate Tuesdays. Plus, in non-running related news, I am going to miss the majority of my beloved Reds game.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment