Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Registered

This has been an eventful day. After a successful morning workout yesterday, I did another one today. Unlike yesterday, I made today into a two-a-day. This is something I am going to have to so more and more, because I just can't get everything I need to into one workout. I need to be home in the evenings, but I don't need to be home at 5:30 am. This way I can get in about 6 or 7 miles of cardio, and I can get in more core and leg lifting. It is just going to be hard to get into a new routine. I will talk about this more later in the post.

Right now I want to talk about what I am most excited about from the day; I am now registered for the 2013 Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati! I now have 185 days to get trained and ready, and I know it will go fast. If I want to get under 4 hours, I am really going to need to work it. The key is going to be really building up my legs and basic cardio over the winter, while still keeping my knees and ankles fresh. This should allow me to hit full road training in earnest in March. At that point I will start with some smaller races as additional motivation, and then I will just work up my mileage towards May. Once early May comes, I should be in the best shape of my life, by far. Then I want to get into some sprint triathlons over the summer, followed by the Air Force Marathon at the end of summer. Then in 2014 I want to do a half iron man. Yeah, I am planning way in advance, but I think that is necessary. Plus, planning in advance allows me to get early bird specials on race prices; as a poor teacher, this is key.

Back to my training today: I did interval training and some crossfit burpees and back lifting, followed by chest and back. This made for a quality morning. I do love how energized I am after this for most of the day. This will help when I need to do morning training runs in March. In the afternoon I was back at it with more interval and crossfit. This time I focused on core exercises, as legs, lower back and core were the afternoons focus. I really tried to vary my exercises over the day, so I think my results will be quality. Plus, I may actually start losing body fat again, which has been a point of inner-contention for me. I love eating too much to diet everyday (I still try to eat healthy, just don't have the will power everyday). I will get better about nutrition with time, and as I get closer to race day.

Obviously training for the pig is going to be a topic of conversation for a long time. I am very excited about this upcoming step in my personal evolution. I really can't wait to cross the finish line!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment