Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Final Steps

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday because I had to work pretty late into the evening. Fortunately, I only had a half day at my first job, so I got to spend some extra time at the gym. I usually don't get in a full workout on Tuesdays, so I was super pumped. I did a little extra cardio with some biceps and triceps crossfit. I did 4 minutes at a normal pace, then a minute at a sprint. I did this six times, with a lift between each. felt great the whole time. It was a vast improvement from Monday. The post-cardio lifting felt good too. I was happy with the whole experience.

Today was a much improved version of Monday's chest and back, too. I was tired all day, but the workout itself was energized. I think the cardio and burpees really got me going. I do wish I had had time for a run outside. The weather was really nice, but I had to eat dinner when I got home. By the time that was over, it was dark. Oh well, less stress on my knees before Mudder.

On a side note, my school had a health fair yesterday. I got my blood pressure checked, which was okay, but I will make it better. I also got a flu shot, and got my feet checked out. She said my feet look okay, but I need to file down my nails and really keep them trim. The feet themselves are n great shape considering the miles. I think the low impact exercises I use have really kept my leg and feet health up. Furthermore, the flu shot is far less sore than I thought it would be, and I don't think I am getting sick; I was super nervous about that, but working with little kids makes it important.

A local running store also had a booth, and I stopped by to talk shoes with the guy. I really want to make the move to Vibram Five Fingers after the Flying Pig in May. I don't think it will be a massive jump from my Brooks Pur Cadence, which are light weight and pretty minimal. This is something I will talk more about with time. I already have about 200 miles on the Brooks, so it won't be long before they need replaced.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment