Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Just Brief

I will talk more about tough Mudder at some point, but I just have time to talk about my week's training right now. Yesterday, on my shortened day, I just went on a timed 5k. I managed a 21.01 time, but I was pretty zonked. I was mad at myself at the time, but I hadn't had a day of rest, I hadn't had anything to eat since lunch, I was tired from my day, and I didn't warm up first. I like to think that in a real race, with all those issues fixed, I would probably PR. Who knows. I don't have any plans to run one, as I don't have a weekend that would work for quite some time.

Today I got a little more work in, but not as much as I would have liked. I had a short errand to run, but any little thing digs into my workout time, as I have to be back by 6. I got in some elliptical and burpees for half an hour. I worked through my sore knee, and it feels better now. Hopefully it will be something I don't have to worry about. I don't plan on doing a long run for at least another week. After cardio I just tried to get in as much back, chest and abs as I could. I don't feel like it was enough, but it will have to do. I just really need to start getting workouts in in the mornings; I am just too lazy. I need to find more inner motivation... Just hard doing it all on my own. I wish I has someone to go through all this with. So hard sometimes... I will just keep truckin'.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment