Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday Is Better Than Tuesday

I hate Tuesdays. I mean, they are just awful days. I don't have any specials, so I don't get any breaks from the kids, then I have to work another job later, so I don't have more than 30 minutes to work out. I did get a little time on the treadmill in the morning, but I still felt like a slacker. So much of my mood is based on my exercise, so when I don't get a good one, I just feel down and lazy.

Today was so much better. I still got a few minutes on the treadmill in the morning, and then I got some good cardio and lifting in at the gym. I did a 5k on the elliptical in around 20.5 min. Then I just closed out the half hour. I did some good weighted abs, and chest/back. I am benching 100 + the bar comfortably. My back is looking and feeling good (swimming portion of a future tri anyone?). Overall, the week's lifting is going well; I will just have some arms and shoulders to catch up on tomorrow.

Beyond the gym, I am looking forward to a likely 18mi run this weekend. I figure that will up the time by about 17 minutes. From what I have read, that is an acceptable increase. My foot feels good, my legs feel better, and I can't wait to challenge myself again. I've been reading about some preparations and things I need to keep in mind. I will share those things that seem to help once I am through it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment