Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bring On The Mud

I completed my final long distance training run for tough Mudder today. Since I did 18 miles last week, I toned it down and just did 13.1. I didn't want to overdo it and risk injury.

For the run I decided to do something new. I headed down to a path by a river and ran 7 miles up and the rest back. It was beautiful in many parts, but not as much so as I thought it would be. There were long stretches where you couldn't see the river, or when you could, you were right next to a highway. Traffic is not remotely relaxing. Regardless, I am glad I did it. I needed a change of scenery, and the weather was quite nice; it may have actually been too warm. I did see a lot of wild life, and there were a lot of other people doing the same thing (most bikers who looked at me like I was nuts. Yes, I am a distance runner, deal with it. Anyone can bike, but not everyone can run 13 miles).

I now feel very prepared for the Mudder next weekend. I really want to be able to support my team to the fullest. I am just going to take it fairly easy on my legs this week, and hit the weights hard. I fully expect to be Mudder ready. I am very excited to cross this off my list. I also can't wait to have a ton of pictures to remember the moment.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment