Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Best Use Of Time

So, I didn't have a full day of work today, and that turned into spending several hours at the gym. Additionally, I got on the treadmill again this morning. I don't know how many total calories have been burned, but it is probably silly.

At the gym I did some pretty solid cardio. For some reason I find the treadmill so much more difficult than road running. I think this is the opposite for other people. Regardless, I did 10 minutes on that torture device at a quick speed. I also did a different kind of elliptical that I don't know the name of for 20. I did that at a good pace with some spikes. I think a good hour or so of cardio in a day is good with some races coming up; I don't want to overdo it.

The weight room was good today but not great. I worked arms and shoulders, but I am feeling in a bit of a rut. I am hoping to just power my way through it, and I think today's effort will help. I know I am feeling it in my shoulders, but I always am (they are pretty wrecked). I wish I had a trainer to talk me through this though. We will see if I can figure it out on my own, but I don't think my results equal what I am putting into it. I think that will change now that I am working even harder. Hopefully I will have my body fat down quick too (8% is a number I hear is good for showing off your abs and I am probably closer to 12).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment