Saturday, September 29, 2012

What A Day

Today was so nice out! I got out and mowed the lawn and cleaned out the garage. Then I followed up that productivity with another 6.2 mi run. I switch my route around, which meant I was basically going uphill the entire time; I still managed to run it a few seconds faster. Some day I need to get out and run a real 10k and get myself a real PR. My foot was sore to begin with, but it isn't an issue now. I guess it just needs to get warm and stretched out on the road.

I had some extra motivation today because I got a text from my dad about how proud he was of my running, and that I was motivating him to get out and run too. I was really excited to hear about someone looking to me for motivation, and I don't intend to let him down. He has set some quality goals for himself, and it sounds like he is moving in the right direction. I was sure to give him some advice though. The main thing I wanted him to do was to stretch rigorously and get a good pair of fitted shoes. My father is notorious for downgrading his own things in order to make life for his family better, but this is something he shouldn't close his wallet to. The last thing I need is for my dad to wear out his knees or hips.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment