Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Got Mugged

Okay, so I wasn't robbed, but it sure was muggy this morning. In fact, I had to take my glasses off towards the end of the run because they were so fogged up. In a word: gross. I was tempted to take the day off, but that just isn't my style. I feel too lazy if I ever take a day off, and I don't think I truly need it. Besides, I don't want to let myself down; that is the worst feeling ever.

I did run, and it felt pretty good after the first quarter mile or so. My calves were pretty sore, but it wasn't something I couldn't work through. I took it upon myself to get some extra protein after the run. I need to make sure I keep my recovery times down. I should have taken a cold shower, but who wants to do that in the morning? Besides, it was only 3 miles; I think I will be fine. I did make sure to take a route with plenty of grade. I wanted to make sure my time was well used.

Hopefully I will be able to get to the gym or go for another run later today. I should have enough time between jobs. I will be sure to report back later. I am keeping them laced.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment