Thursday, September 6, 2012

Get Going

I gotta say, this was one of my best lifts in awhile. My arms were burning bad, and I had missed that. I sacrificed a little cardio time to get to that point, but I think it was worth it. Plus, I had done some cardio in the morning. Overall, I think today was very successful. Now, if I could get around to eating less; it didn't help that they had donuts at school (my weakness).

While working my arms I really tried to focus on form. I feel like this really made a difference, even if I was in a hurry. I also fluctuated my weight and lifting speed. I want to make sure my muscles don't get used to anything. I even changed up the grip on the weights. I feel as though I am getting more confident in the weight room.

As for my cardio, I simply powered through on the ecliptical. I wanted something to rest my joints. I put in a few spikes in speed, but I only did about 4 miles. I think 6.5 miles or so on the day isn't too bad. I should be pretty good to go for my long run on Saturday. I may actually lift legs tomorrow at the gym, and have my morning run be the sole cardio for the day. We will have to see how I feel after work. Not sure how much time I will have either. May end up being more of a rest day than I anticipate.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment