Thursday, September 27, 2012

Return Of The Cardio

I can't say my foot is back to 100%, but I can say that I survived a half hour of fairly rigorous cardio on the elliptical. All those newer runners need to remember not to rush back into things; I am going to ease my foot back into the game. It should get some solid rest tomorrow and then hopefully I can get back on the road on Saturday. I would hope to run for an hour, but I will just listen to my body and see how it goes. There are different kinds of pain, so I will know if I am pushing too much. There is no point in turning this small injury into a bigger one.

Beyond cardio I hit my arms in the weight room pretty hard. I have really been getting after it lately. I also had a pretty healthy dinner aside from a few spoonfuls of peanut butter (protein, right?). At the end of the day, I am feeling pretty good about my workout. Just gotta see how my foot feels tomorrow.

In other news, I am thinking about coming up with a personal list of suggestions for people just starting to get into running and lifting. I know I have come across a lot of things that I had to solve, so a list could help me think about my journey of fitness.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment